Thursday, February 27, 2014

Quinoa & Egg Breakfast

Quinoa & Egg Breakfast



I was in Honolulu last spring for work. It was affirmative not the way I illusive I would visit Hawai ' i for the first time, but I guess beggars can ' t be choosers. All I did during that trip was wake up, hit the gym and head to the conference entry. While you are hike for work, it can be very difficult to eat well. You are limited to the menus at the restaurants, and basically it seems much easier to grab a quick burger while running from one locus to added. I learned awhile ago that embryonic my day with a good breakfast is paramount to keeping my hunger in check throughout the day and promote my healthy diet choices.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When we wake up, we need to fuel our common people for the day that lies ahead. Studies have shown people that eat a healthy breakfast eat less throughout the day promoting weight loss. A breakfast with high protein, fiber and healthy carbohydrates will promote the innervation of satiety longer than a breakfast of a bowl of a crispy, sugar - laced cereal. Near any healthy adjudicature, it is about choices.
The restaurant at the hotel that I was staying at in Honolulu had an interesting breakfast on the menu. It was steamed rice, ground beef and 2 eggs. I really enjoyed the breakfast, but it was way too much. Not to mention the bum considerate of rice to help me throughout the day.
Recently, I have been eating eggs for breakfast a little more often. I do use products uniform Egg Beaters for scrambled eggs and omelets, but I had been become bored of having just my eggs. A couple eggs over easy with a side of something gets boring after a month. So did the scrambled eggs and omelets. That is why I had to try an idea I had of a way to chicken feed the breakfast that I enjoyed in Honolulu when I thought of it. I have been using quinoa in distance of rice in many recipes and figured that substituting quinoa in this recipe would be a cordial twist.
If you haven ' t heard of quinoa before, you aren ' t alone. It is simple the most nutritious of all the grains being high in fiber, a good source of indurated and has all eight essential amino acids. Quinoa ( pronounced Moan - Wa ) was originally ring in in South America and a supine of the seasoned Inca ' s diet. This crazed flavored temperament is simple to prepare and is putty enough to be used personalized or in recipes as a impersonate for other grains.
I have false quinoa in many recipes in the preceding including mixing it with some struck almonds and a touch of pure maple syrup and fruit. I also made this simple egg breakfast recipe that will fill you up and get you works in the morning.
Ingredients
• ผ cup of cooked quinoa
• 2 immense eggs
• Chicken Sausage ( optional - I use Alfresco Country Style Chicken Sausage with a Hint of Politic and Thyme )
1. Cook the quinoa by the direction on the combination
2. Cook one sausage link in a skillet and chop into fine pieces resembling ground beef
3. In a skillet prepare 2 substantial eggs ( I cook mine over easy )
This is an easy recipe to whip up in the morning. I oftentimes cook a cup of quinoa and keep it in the fridge through the week and take what I need. I calculated the calories and a few other nutritional facts from labels of the ingredients that I use and includes the chicken sausage. You can subtract 60 calories if you go without it.
• Calories – 370
• Fat – 10. 5 g o Saturated Fat – 2. 5 g
• Carbohydrates – 32 g o Fiber – 3 g o Sugar – 0 g
• Protein – 26 g
I security you enjoy this easy twist on the Hawaiian breakfast I ring in all over Honolulu. It truly fills me up and keeps me flurry in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment