Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Getting Lean And Ripped With A Bodybuilding Diet

Getting Lean And Ripped With A Bodybuilding Diet




Bodybuilders are among the most fortuitous in the world at losing pure bodyfat and getting shredded. Competitive bodybuilders train and eat differently than most of dieters who fail. And in this article I will outline a good bodybuilding pre - contest diet plan that you can follow to get that ripped to the bone contest mark. This information will really help you if you are planning on competing in bodybuilding. And even if you are not really turned on in getting on stage, but you would allied to get ripped, then the info covered here will help you get that lean " beach body " introspection.

I ' ve been competing in bodybuilding competitions since 1995 so I ' ve picked up a few tricks over the years and I ' m racket to share them with you here...

I personally start dieting for a contest at leading 6 months in advance. I want to have parlous of time to prepare myself. For the first month I plainly cut out all junk foods and eat cipher but clean foods. Equaling as beef, chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, milk, protein shakes, rice, potatoes, pasta, fruit, vegetables, etc. I eat about 5 - 6 small meals each day. I drink violently of water at primogenial 1 gallon a day. I will also do about 30 publication of cardio exercise 4 - 6 times each week, before breakfast. I will go on my regular weight training workout.

The second month of preparation is very like to the first. I will still eat the twin as mentioned large-scale. But I will increase my cardio exercise to at virgin 45 calendar, 5 - 7 times per week, before breakfast. The whole idea of doing cardio before breakfast is to help burn up more stored bodyfat. At this time there is no food in your system to be used as fuel so you ' ll burn more bodyfat from your cardio. It also helps to bounce start your metabolism for the day. After exercise your metabolism is elevated and remains so for several hours.

The third month I get stricter with my diet. I will enter upon to cut back on my portions of starchy carbohydrates while keeping my protein intake high ( between 250 - 300 grams of protein per day ). I also eat more vegetables. My diet is now mainly foods parallel as very lean meat, poultry, fish, protein supplements, vegetables, rice, potatoes, mushroom, etc. I will increase my cardio to about 60 daily each morning before breakfast.

I ' ll also start taking a fat burner. For my last show I used " Palo Alto Labs Whopping ". I raise that it worked great, I would take 2 caps twice per day on an empty belly. Once before cardio and further before my weight training workouts through it helps give me an energy boost, curb my appetite, and elevate my metabolism enabling me to burn more bodyfat.

The fourth month is pretty much according to the third month with dieting and doing cardio each morning before breakfast. I will also start practicing my compulsory poses 3 - 4 days per week. At this stage I am getting lean and can start to see the definition showboat in my abs, legs, back, chest, etc...

The fifth month before the contest I get stricter with my diet. I will eat approx. 1 gram of carbohydrate and 1. 5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight each day. I don ' t normally count fat grams, but they are kept as low as possible. However, I will make consummate to consume some healthy fats conforming fish oil, flax oil, olive oil, etc.

My daily eating during contest prep will go compatible this:

Cardio - take fat burner and black coffee - 1 hour of cardio

Meal 1 - bowl of sand mixed with protein powder - egg whites

Meal 2 - chicken breast - garden salad

Meal 3 - can of tuna - garden salad

Workout - take fat burner and black coffee - weight training workout - practice posing - protein drink

Meal 4 - steak - steamed veggies - like sugar potatoes

Meal 5 - protein drink

I also salt my food and even add a couple shakes of spiciness to my protein drinks. Most people colloquial imagine this is flipped. But I find that if I don ' t add salt to my diet I get bad muscle cramps when training. Don ' t worry you will not retain water, your body will adjust to a higher flavour intake within a few days and as long as you are drinking lots of fluids your body will flush out any gratuitous water. I ' ll keep doing this until 2 days out from the show.

I strive to be in shape one month out before the contest and then just keep with the diet, cardio, training, etc. to let my conditioning just chill up. I won ' t lose a whole lot more bodyweight, but my skin will get tighter and thinner.

My workouts are not that tough and substantial at this mishap of my contest prep. I know that I won ' t be gaining any more muscle mass on a calorie memorable diet plan, so I ' m just trying to maintain what muscle I have and get leaner. I yet have my posing routine down bent on. I just want keep plugging away consistently. The temptation to knave on my diet is very strong now. It is very important not too blackguard. I keep my eye on the finish line and know that the dieting will be all over straightaway.

Carb Loading & Water Intake...

I do not carb deplete or carb grievance during the perdure week. I have even-handed all kinds of moonstruck arm close this in the former and I raise that it is best to just diet right up to the day of the show. Messing with your carb intake at the forge ahead inappreciable is too hit and damsel, you risk screwing things up and catch water. You are better off playing it safe by viscous to your diet and then just slightly increase your carb intake slightly for a interlace days before the show ( i. e. quite then having 1 yam, eat 2 yams instead, etc. ).

During the abide week I will increase my water intake to about 2 gallons per day. I will stop all weight training and cardio a clasp days before the moot to let my body make headway and rally.

Friday after hours before the contend I will cut back on my water intake and just have a small glass of water with each meal. I also take herbal diuretic capsules on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to help get rid of the unessential water unbefitting my skin. I do not cut my water intake without reservation, just cut back. Cutting out water entirely can allowance you flat and smooth. Your body needs to have some water in the muscles in order to get a pump and hit your poses properly.

Tanning...

I ' ll start tanning in the tanning bed at aboriginal 3 times per week for a couple months before the show. This will give me a base tan. Then on Friday before the show I ' ll put on about 3 - 4 coats of ProTan. This is a soak tan that you paint on with a wipe brush. Saturday morning before the show I ' ll also put on a coat of Daydream Tan. This is a real dark bodybuilding tan, it comes in a small jar, and you just rub the cream over your skin. I ' ll put a coat of this on Saturday morning, major coat before pre - musing, and also before the evening show. Daydream Tan works great and it has oil in the tan so you do not need to use much if any additional posing oils.

Back Stage...

When I go to the contest I take a MP3 artist with my posing melody. I try to find a stead by myself back stage so I can practice my posing routine. By doing this, my routine is fresh in my mind before big idea on stage in front of the sit-in and judges.

When pumping up before liveliness on stage I will do some light, high rep, leading body exercises according to as push ups, stooped over rows, bicep curls, etc. with a rubber fitness band. Never pump up the legs or the abs, these muscles always once-over and flex better when they are not pumped. Do not pump up too much now it will make you shake when you pose. Just tepid up and get the blood flowing to the muscles.

And the last thing that I recommend is to go out there and have a good time. Be confident and pleasing of your substance and put on a good show for the crowd. At this point you have done all you can do, now it is up to the judges to decide the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment